Tuesday, April 7, 2009

ML: GRAY or GAY?

My Granny loves anything that any of her grandkids give her.  She is so happy to receive pictures of us, newspaper clippings, whatever it my be..she feels the need to display EVERYTHING on her wall.  On this wall in the dinning room sits my Scholar Athlete Award. Oh if you could have seen her eyes when I gave her that piece of paper!! She really did think it was something! 

My Scholar Athlete Award got placed right behind her blue glass letters that spell G-R-A-Y, her last name.  It just looked great on her watermelon shelf behind the letters of our family name! She was proud!  

I left that Saturday like any other day, when I returned the next mourning for coffee, there sat Granny in her chair cracking up!! 

"You're not going to believe what I did this mourning!"  

"Oh, what did ya do now Granny?"

"Well I knocked that damn watermelon shelf off that is holding your award and broke the R to G-R-A-Y, so now it just says G-A-Y!!!!" 

I don't think I need to say much more!  She did keep my award sitting right behind her blue glass letters that now spell G-A-Y!!!! 


Oh Granny!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment